While everyone wants to go green, an alliance of corporations and conservative activists in the United States called the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), in a sweeping new offensive on clean energy is mobilising to penalize homeowners who install their own solar panels – casting them as “freeriders“.
- Documents show conservative group’s anti-green agenda.
- Strategy to charge people who install their own solar panels.
- Environmentalists accuse Alec of protecting utility firms’ profits
Is this not a shame?
- ALEC calls for penalties on ‘freerider’ homeowners in assault on clean energy (theguardian.com)
- ALEC Wants People to Pay Penalty for Owning Solar Panels (readersupportednews.org)
- ALEC goes after green energy (prairieweather.typepad.com)
- ALEC calls for penalties on ‘freerider’ homeowners in assault on clean energy ( Charge you for generating your own energy ) (engineeringevil.com)
- USA Move to Penalize Free/Renewable Energy Freeriders (revolution-green.com)
- ALEC pushes stealth tax on homeowners who install solar panels (syndicatednewsservices.com)
- ALEC Official Calls Solar Users ‘Freeriders’ at December Summit (readersupportednews.org)
- ALEC pushes for tax on homeowners with solar panels on their roofs (ripley8.newsvine.com)
- ALEC’s chilling anti-green plot (salon.com)
- ALEC’s Campaign Against Renewable Energy (odewire.com)
One thought on “ALEC Says: “If You Install Your Own Solar Panels Then You Are a ‘Freerider’!””