Today, Thursday, February 6, 2020, Dindigul C Sreenivasan who serves as the Minister for Forests in the present AIDMK government in Tamilnadu was at Theppakadu in Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR) located in the Nilgiris to inaugurate the annual rejuvenation camp for captive/tamed elephants. Along with the minister were Ms J Innocent Divya IAS, District Collector of the Nilgiris District, Mr A Ramu, alias ‘Shanthi‘ A Ramu, the MLA for Coonor, and officials from the district revenue and forest departments.
Dindigul Sreenivasan who bent down almost to the floor every time he saw Ms JJ when she was alive and after her demise bowed to Ms Sasikala, and hence nicknamed “a tire-licker” along with his fellow ministers, has accumulated so much fat that he can’t bend even to remove his own footwear now.
The inauguration of the annual rejuvenation camp for elephants was marred by an incident in which Dindigul C Sreenivasan exposed himself as a VVIP Racist.
Kethan, a Class IX schoolboy belonging to the Irula tribal community was present there to witness the inauguration of the rejuvenation camp with a friend. Both the boys were sons of mahouts at the camp.
Before entering a shrine, the 71-year-old minister, who found it difficult to bend due to accumulated fat, beckoned the tribal boy Keithan.
Keithan was afraid when the minister called him as he thought the minister would scold him for not having gone to school. With hesitation, Keithan and his friend approached. The minister asked Keithan to unbuckle his slippers.
When press photographers and others tried to take photographs, Dindigul C Sreenivasan asked them to stop, while A Ramu, the MLA for Coonoor, tried to block photographers from getting a clear picture.
The two boys were then asked by another member of the minister’s entourage to pick up the slippers and leave them at the entrance of the shrine.
Now, the above video of the incident has gone viral on social media. People are outraged by the minister’s “arrogance” and are demanding action against him and sacking him from his position for discriminating and mistreating the tribal boy.
Many want Dindigul Srinivasan to be booked under the SC/ST PoA Act. along with the equally liable government officials who were silent spectators during the incident.
- Tamil Nadu Forest Minister Makes Tribal Boy Remove His Slippers, Twitter Calls it ‘VVIP Racism’ ( news18.com)
- Watch: Tamil Nadu Minister Asks Tribal Boy To Remove Slippers (ndtv.com)
- TN Forest Minister Makes A Tribal Boy Remove His Slippers, Twitter Calls It VVIP Arrogance (storypick.com)
- TN Forest Minister Makes Tribal Boy Remove His Slippers, Faces Fury on Twitter (hwnews.in)
- ‘Chaar paise kama liye, khud ko bhagwan sochne lage?‘: Twitter slams TN minister for making tribal boy remove his shoes (dnaindia.com)
- Outrage as TN Forest Minister Makes Minor Tribal Boys Remove his Slippers on Temple Visit (thewire.in)
- Tamil Nadu forest minister asks boy to unbuckle his slippers (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
- Outrage After Tamil Nadu Forest Minister Gets Tribal Boys To Remove His Footwear (huffingtonpost.in)