I came across this caboodle of sweet and cryptic words used by women penned by an anonymous author under a different title.
1. Fine: Word used to end an argument when she is right and you need to shut up.
2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means ‘half an hour’. Five minutes are only 5 minute given to you to watch the game on TV before helping around the house.
3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm hits you. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that generate ‘nothing’ usually ends in ‘fine’ (see #1 above) .
4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. So, don’t do it.
5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word – a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks that you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing there and arguing with you about nothing. (See #3 above for the meaning of ‘nothing’) .
6. That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous cryptic statement uttered by a woman. ‘That’s Okay’ means that she want to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will realize and pay for your mistake.
7. Thanks: Do not faint or question if she thanks you. Your response should be “you’re welcome.” This ‘Thanks’ seems to be true unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’, which by the way is pure sarcasm and is not thanking you at all. In this case do not respond with “you’re welcome” that will result in a ‘Whatever’ (See #8 below).
8. Whatever: It’s a woman’s way of saying f*** you.
9. Don’t worry about it, I got it.: Beware. This a dangerous statement meaning that she had told you to do something several times before and is doing it herself now. You will now be asking “What’s wrong” to which her response would be ‘nothing’ ((See #3 above for the meaning of ‘nothing’) .
Yesterday, my son suggested that we go shopping at IKEA. Though it was sunny and cloudless, the temperature outside the car was 45° F (7° C) and freezing.
Before coming over to the United States, I thought that everyone here had enough monetary resources. But, on our way to College Park, the image in my mind of an affluent United States of America shattered.
Do you see the woman in the center of the above photo standing in the middle of the road holding a placard?
Since we were in the third lane. I could not read what was written. So, I zoomed in with my camera. What I read shocked me.
Family in Need Due Lay off Any help Appreciated Thank you God Bless.
– Elkridge, Maryland.
While in India, I thought the United States of America was a land flowing with milk and honey. But now I realize that this country is no different from any country in Asia. It too has its own quota of poor people!
In a lighter vein, my former student Keerthi Jeyaraj posted the above picture in Facebook. He says:
“Quite common here…I see a lot of such ppl with hoardings in Manhattan… the best part I saw was at Vegas… a beggar had a board in front of him that said: ‘My Ex-wife had a better lawyer’.
I took these photos on 14 and 15 January 2012 while travelling in my younger son Subas Raj’s car.
Initially, occupying the front seat while my son drove his Honda CRV smoothly between 60 and 70 mph, I felt a bit jittery being not used to left-hand driving.
I really admire the clean streets over here in the United States – not a bit of paper or piled garbage could be seen. The roads are smooth devoid of potholes – no bumpy roads and so, no backache.
No town busses. So, everyone has a car or two. The drivers are road conscious and polite towards other drivers and stop and give way to pedestrians crossing the road. No harsh driving, no unnecessary road hogging and no rash overtaking; and everyone obeys the road rules. All use the fantastic GPS for guidance and direction.
Spacious non-congested landscape with houses built with light materials, looking bleak and drab outside. Almost all houses look alike with mostly painted – no vivid or vasthu colours that we see in India.
Since it is winter not much of green foliage could be seen.
Though the sun is shining, the outside temperature chills the bone. Here I give the lowest temperatures in degrees Celsius for the past 4 days: 13th: 2, 14th: -3, 15th: -4 and today (16th) it was -7 at 8am (it would have been colder outside while we slept) and now at noon it is -1. Inside the car we need the heater for warmth. Inside the house a steady temperature of 68 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit is maintained throughout day and night.