Like most people, each morning I read my favourite newspaper while sipping hot coffee. My favourite newspaper? It is the Deccan Chronicle (Chennai edition).
Yesterday (Sunday, December 29, 2013), I was intrigued by a news captioned “Hindu married to non-Hindu can’t get divorce: HC” on page 7.
I was in for a shock. The news that followed had nothing, even an iota, to reflect the caption.
So, the adage: “Even an elephant can slip,” has once again come true!
If you are curious you can read the news in “The Times of India” under the title: “Hindu married to non-Hindu can’t get divorce under Hindu Marriage Act: Bombay high court” (PTI | Dec 28, 2013).
- Hindu married to non-Hindu can’t get divorce under Hindu Marriage Act: Bombay high court (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
- Law and Society (BIGAMY LAWS IN INDIA) (chbabkhmer.wordpress.com)
- Marriage proof with Passport application by a married female (majhimarathi.wordpress.com)
- Hindu marriage Act sec.13(1) (ia) – mere obtaining restitution of conjugal rights is not a ground for Divorce , when wife not complied with it – Best piece of Evidence of Children about the cruel attitude of father is enough for not granting the Divorce (advocatemmmohan.wordpress.com)
- Hindu married to non-Hindu can’t get divorce under Act: HC (niticentral.com)