When the entire world is engulfed by the problem of climate change, it is Gujarat’s dream to demonstrate before the world an example of climate justice. – Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi
The projects spread over several districts: Anand, Banaskantha, Jamnangar, Junagadh, Kutch, Porbandar, Rajkot, Surat, and Surendranagar, including this ‘Gujarat Solar Park’, Asia’s largest, have in total the potential to generate 30 lakh units of clean energy per day.
The ‘Gujarat Solar Park’ spread in 3,000-acre land has already attracted investments from 21 national and international companies.
“This achievement is not merely a step in the direction of power conservation but it provides the world with a vision that how the power needs of the future generations can be solved in an environment-friendly manner”, Modi said on the occasion.
“Due to the efforts made by the Gujarat government, the cost of solar power has come down to ₹8.50 per unit from ₹15 per unit,” Modi claimed adding that the cost will further go down to rupees four per unit in future once the supply of solar power increases.
- Gujarat Solar Park at Charanka village awarded for contributing to energy sector (panchabuta.com)
- World’s Largest Solar Park: At Gujarat, India!! (knowtheworldfacts.wordpress.com)
- Largest Solar Power Plant In World Nears Completion In Abu Dhabi (cleantechnica.com)
- Rajasthan Invites Solar-Power Bids After 11-Month Delay – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- New solar policy offers Rs 210 billion business opportunity (panchabuta.com)
- Your Questions About Solar Powered Generator (besthomemadeenergy.net)