But now the plate movements and spreading Atlantic have positioned the N American continent for what we have long described. A diagonal tear in the New Madrid, a bowing of the continent around San Diego so that Mexico is too far West, an adjustment up the West Coast to relieve the bow. Meanwhile, the entire continent has stress of some kind as this process has already begun but has not manifested in large adjustments, quakes, as yet. It soon will! – ZetaTalk
Five states across the U.S., from Arizona to Rhode Island reported simultaneous series of unexplained booms and trembling ground. It started near midnight on December 4th, and reports say the phenomenon is still occurring in Georgia. It might be due to the diagonal stress asserted across North America.
CBS 5 News first received reports of the explosion-like noises shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday and began checking with law enforcement and government sources.
In the past major media outlets in the US have reported several unexplained booms:
- Pensacola, Florida January 13, 2003
- Charleston, South Carolina August 1, 2003
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina March 5, 2005
- Wilmington, North Carolina December 20, 2005
- Mobile, Alabama January 19, 2009
- Somerset County, Maine February, 2009
- San Diego, California Tuesday April 4, 2006
- Orange County, California 9:15 pm Tuesday March 3, 2009
Bob Dollar of the USGS told the Register that Caltech scientists reviewed seismograms from Tuesday night’s event in Orange County. “These data are consistent with a sonic event coming onshore near Dana Point and traveling northward inland,” Dollar said. “The energy traveled across our seismic sensor network at the velocity of a compressional wave in air rather than the velocity of a similar wave through the ground, which is much faster,” Dollar said.
- Santa Cruz, California 9:15 am Wednesday March 4, 2009
- Westchester County, New York 12:24 am, Saturday March 7, 2009
- Rockland County, New York 5:15 am, Monday March 9, 2009
- Staten Island, New York 8 pm, Monday March 16, 2009
- Schenectady, New York 11:55 pm, Friday, October 29, 2010
- Wilmington, North Carolina 8 pm, Sunday November 7, 2010
- Carroll County, Georgia 9:45 pm, Friday November 26, 2010
- Lebanon, Missouri 11 am, Tuesday, September 27, 2011
- Ocean Pines, Maryland Friday October 14, 2011
- Wilmington, North Carolina 10 am, Tuesday, February 28, 2012
- Glynn County, Georgia 8:30 am, Tuesday, March 15, 2012
- Clintonville, Wisconsin, 12 am, Monday, March 19, 2012
- San Diego, California, 8:38 am, Friday, April 13, 2012
A weather forecaster stated that the sound could have been caused by military aircraft doing a maneuver in which chaff was released.
- San Diego, California, 12:45 pm, Friday, June 29, 2012
Do you have a theory about the unexplained noise? If you do, please comment below.
- Earthquakes: “Mystery tremors puzzle experts” by Janet Jacobs (tvaraj.wordpress.com)
- Mysterious noises heard across Verde Valley, Arizona (sott.net)
- Earth Booms, Underground Construction (originaldialogue.blogspot.com)
- Unexplained Sounds… (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Mystery boom(s) in Lincoln Park vicinity (westseattleblog.com)
- Reasonable Theories Can Differ, an Alternative Theory of 2012 (starcopia.com)
- What’s Causing Salem’s Mystery ‘Explosions’? (sott.net)
- They Are Back ! Earth Booms And Shaking Ground Reported In 7 States – 7 December 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Mysterious bright flash in sky reported across Texas (wfaa.com)