The protest against Internet censorship was organised by the Free Software Movement of Karnataka (FSMK), in collaboration with the Software Freedom Law Centre. The performances, singing and short speeches delivered by students and bloggers culminated in a candle light vigil here.
- Getting rid of the Intermediary Rules, 2011 (iltb.net)
- Blog: What’s behind India’s Internet censorship? (globalfree.wordpress.com)
- Freedom in the Cage: Photos from a protest against internet censorship in Delhi (kafila.org)
- SAY NO TO INTERNET CENSORSHIP IN INDIA – Please sign the Online Petition (icrindia.wordpress.com)
- Indian Internet Censorship of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
The daily Okaz reported that a Saudi man had complained his daughter had ‘suddenly started acting in an abnormal way and that happened after she came close to the Sri Lankan woman’ in a large shopping mall in the port city of Jeddah.
- Sri Lankan woman faces beheading on witchcraft charge (guardian.co.uk)
- Sri Lankan held for “witchcraft” in Saudi Arabia (dailystar.com.lb)
- Sri Lankan held for “witchcraft” in Saudi Arabia – Asma Alsharif – Reuters (richarddawkins.net)
- Saudi Arabia: Beheadings for ‘witchcraft’ (EndtheLie.com)
- Saudi Arabia: Beheadings for ‘witchcraft’ (rt.com)
- Beheading fear for Saudi ‘witch’ (scotsman.com)
Originally posted on kracktivist:
Mail Online, April 19-Accused of witchcraft: A Sri Lankan woman faces being beheaded after allegedly casting a spell on a 13-year-old girl during a shopping trip in Saudi Arabia
A Sri Lankan woman has been arrested on suspicion of casting a spell on a 13-year-old girl on a shopping trip in Saudi Arabia.
Massive amounts of tyres on fire in bel Jahra! Are they not polluting our precious environment?
- A tire fire so big it can be seen from space (umkhaloodie.com)
- Kuwait Tire Fire An Environmental Catastrophe [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- The 5million Tire Fire in Jahra, Kuwait. (umkhaloodie.com)
- Millions of Tires Are on Fire in Jahra حريق كبير بالجهرا (buzfairy.com)
- Kuwait Catastrophe: 5 Million Tires Burn In Massive Environmental Hazaard (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Huge tire fire causes Kuwait ‘catastrophe’ (dailystar.com.lb)
Originally posted on Um Khaloodie:
Aliyah woke up- like always I lift my phone and while I’m feeding her, to keep me awake I browse twitter-
I was horrified to see that the 5 million tyres at Jahra that was so heavily in the media a few days ago are now on fire… That’s arson if ever I saw it…
Massive amounts of tyres on fire bel jahra! one tweeter writes… ‘looking to be the biggest fire/worst enviornmental effects in Kuwait since Saddam’- great four our health!
Here’s the hasgtag on twitter! #حريق_رحية
This is a huge catastrophe, one sit saying that the smoke will be visible up to 70km away by sunrise. That’s not good, not good at all….. What a huge catastrophe to the environment…. The air here is dirty enough with the oil/dust etc etc etc, now we are all at risk of a bunch of stuff.
Tires are made of rubber, fibre and steel. The rubber is a combination of natural rubber, petroleum products, chemicals and carbon black. These additives are necessary to improve the handling and wear of natural rubber. When tire piles burn, these chemicals emerge as two things: 1) oily residues that leach into the soil and 2) thick black smoke which contains large amounts of air pollutants. Tire fire emissions can pose significant health hazards to all involved (firefighters, residents, etc.) and include irritation of the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes, respiratory effects, central nervous system depression, and cancer. Long-term environmental and health effects are unknown.
Monsanto used Bollywood actors and succeeded in selling India’s farmers Bt cotton seeds. Profits for Monsanto rose. When yields were less than promised, farmers incurred massive debt, leading many to suicide, in what is considered “the worst-ever recorded wave of suicides of this kind in human history.” To date, the number of suicides has surpassed 250,000.
- Secret Government Note Says Bt Cotton Failing, Leading to Farmer Suicides (icrindia.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto Investor Bill Gates Says GMO Crops Needed to Fight Starvation (blacklistednews.com)
- Monsanto hooks Nepal on GMO corn (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- How Much Do People Everywhere Hate Monsanto? New Report Shows Global Resistance (treehugger.com)
- Street Riots Form in Response to Monsanto Intrusion into Nepal (activistpost.com)
- Monsanto’s GMO Seeds Contributing to Farmer Suicides (habwwe.wordpress.com)
- Ο Bill Gates θα γίνει ήρωας σε comic (techbuzzgreece.wordpress.com)
- Bill Gates Pays Media to Say He’s A Super Hero! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Eradicator of Polio – Dr. Jonas Salk (tvaraj.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on kracktivist:
By Joe Samuel
Food Freedom News
In India, Monsanto hired Bollywood actors to promote genetically engineered cotton seed to illiterate farmers. Nana Petakar became a brand ambassador for Monsanto. The advertising has been called “aggressive, unscrupulous and false.”
Today, at the Toronto Public Library on Palmerston Street, a group of Muslims are going to say “Enough is enough.” They will honour a 21st century Muslim reformer in the name of a 10th century Muslim rebel who died for speaking the truth. This will be their rebuke to the Kuwaiti parliament.
- ḤALLĀJ, ABU’L-MOḠIṮ ḤOSAYN (iranicaonline.org)
- Mansur Hallaj: The Sufis Willful Erosion Of Self (webislam.com)
Why this Kolaveri?
- FIR being filed against every shopkeeper who does not open his shop in Koondakulum (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Kudankulam on fire … (tvaraj.wordpress.com)
- Immediate Release- False Promises by Govt to Anti- Nuke Activists (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Idinthakarai Update: False Promises by Govt to Anti- Nuke Activists (icrindia.wordpress.com)
- India Ink: Koodankulam Nuclear Project Gets a Green Light (india.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Kalpakkam in tears … (tvaraj.wordpress.com)
- Immediate Release- Tamil Nadu Assembly Should Pass Resolution to Protect Pechiparai Water from KKNPP (kractivist.wordpress.com)