By Deborah NetburnMay 4, 2012.
“Each new sunrise provides the catamaran with the light needed to continue its journey,” the PlanetSolar team wrote on its website. It took the 115-foot boat 584 days — roughly 19 month — to make it all around the world. That is admittedly not a super-fast pace. But there were stops along the way to promote solar power and even an encounter with pirates. There was also some waiting for the sun to come up to power those lithium batteries.
- Solar Boat Completes Its Mission Around the World (energyrefuge.com)
- PlanetSolar completes first solar-powered boat trip around the globe (theverge.com)
- Solar-powered catamaran completes around-the-world journey (cbc.ca)
- Turanor PlanetSolar Solar Boat Completes its Trip Around the World (inhabitat.com)
- "diy Solar Energy Electric" System © – Try it Today! (zjucnc.org)
- "install Solar Energy House" System © – Best-kept Secrets! (zjucnc.org)