Monsanto used Bollywood actors and succeeded in selling India’s farmers Bt cotton seeds. Profits for Monsanto rose. When yields were less than promised, farmers incurred massive debt, leading many to suicide, in what is considered “the worst-ever recorded wave of suicides of this kind in human history.” To date, the number of suicides has surpassed 250,000.
- Secret Government Note Says Bt Cotton Failing, Leading to Farmer Suicides (icrindia.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto Investor Bill Gates Says GMO Crops Needed to Fight Starvation (blacklistednews.com)
- Monsanto hooks Nepal on GMO corn (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- How Much Do People Everywhere Hate Monsanto? New Report Shows Global Resistance (treehugger.com)
- Street Riots Form in Response to Monsanto Intrusion into Nepal (activistpost.com)
- Monsanto’s GMO Seeds Contributing to Farmer Suicides (habwwe.wordpress.com)
- Ο Bill Gates θα γίνει ήρωας σε comic (techbuzzgreece.wordpress.com)
- Bill Gates Pays Media to Say He’s A Super Hero! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Eradicator of Polio – Dr. Jonas Salk (tvaraj.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on kracktivist:
By Joe Samuel
Food Freedom News
In India, Monsanto hired Bollywood actors to promote genetically engineered cotton seed to illiterate farmers. Nana Petakar became a brand ambassador for Monsanto. The advertising has been called “aggressive, unscrupulous and false.”
Bill Gates, heavily invested in Monsanto’s GMOs as well as in vaccines, hired the most beloved of Indian actors, Amitabh Bachchan, to promote the oral polio vaccine.
Here is one example of the ads Bachchan created. Here is Bachchan and use of Bollywood itself to promote the vaccines, and here is another ad, in which Bachchan employes his acting skills.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation says:
“Worldwide efforts in the last two decades have reduced the number of polio cases by 99 percent. Until we reach eradication, however, we are working with governments and all partners in the polio effort to ensure no child is at risk of either contracting…
View original 2,501 more words